Our school day is different from a typical Maiden Erlegh school day, with a later start and early finish on Monday and Friday. The reasons for this are:
- Given the proposed location near lots of businesses, this will help reduce traffic pressure around 9am
- It will allow for those staff who want to run clubs before school to do so at reasonable times.
- It will allow for students who accompany younger children to primary school, to do so and not be late (something that has had an impact on punctuality in the past)
- It will allow for a staff meeting on allocated weeks and potentially parents evenings to finish at a reasonable time.
- It will be attractive to staff and help with recruitment (vital in this area)
- The lunchtime split will allow for a slightly longer lunch and the possibility of outside play (subject to building design and staffing)
Monday and Friday